All snakes shed and the indications are the same regardless of species of snake.
- Physical indications
- Undersides will often turn a light pink
- Eyes will turn a milky color
- Skin will turn a dull color
- Other indication
- Loss of appetite
- Lack of interaction
- Spends a great deal of time in its hide
- Hangs out in the water bowl (especially if the humidity is too low)
- More “moody” than normal
As you can see recognizing when a snake is getting ready to shed is simply a matter of being observant.